A/W HAUL

Thursday 22 September 2016

Autumn isn't my favourite season but if there is one thing I love about it, it's the fashion. Living in Scotland in a usually cold climate all year means that coats and jumpers are a must in every season. The shops have been AH-MAZ-ING lately. It's taken so much willpower to only pick up a few bits and pieces than ordering everything on my ASOS wishlist. On Twitter, I set up a poll asking what you guys would like to see next on What Amy Did and a haul came out top. So without further a do, let me show you what pieces I've picked up and fallen in love with in the past few weeks.


Leopard print is something I either completely LOVE or despise. I love prints but depending on how leopard print is styled, it can come off a little tacky but I do love eye catching pieces like these two beauties. First is this Zara Shirt I've been obsessing over after seeing one of my style icons, Olivia Palermo, rock it. The shirt is great quality, so crisp and I love the small print pocket detail to jazz it up a little. It's been going in and out of stock on Zara's website so I'm glad I got my hands on it when I did. Keep your eyes peeled - I'm going to be showing how you can style this from day to night.

Another recent purchase has been these beautiful River Island Leopard Print Boots that I happened to fall in love with at first sight. Shoes are my weakness and I like having a bold print boot to add a bit of a twist to a jeans/shirt combo to make it pop. These are velvet and feel luxurious - not to mention that they're also very comfortable. With both velvet and leopard due to be big trends this A/W, these tick all the boxes. I can't wait to style these with different night and daytime looks. River Island are killing it right now - my wishlist is huge.


I've spoken on the blog about my love for slip dresses and white tees, they are my current go to. I love dressing them down with jeans and trainers or at night with a simple heel. When I seen this Metallic Gold Slip Dress by Pull & Bear on ASOS, I had to have it. It's so eye catching, pretty and again - so transitional. This is the first item I've bought from Pull & Bear and I'm impressed with the quality. I've seen this feature on lots of bloggers wish lists so I'm glad I managed to pick it up - i'm a sucker for anything metallic right now.


Say hello to my first new knit of the year by Vero Moda. Towards the winter, I always reach towards white, grey and black tones. This jumper fits so nicely - I ordered a small and it's not too tight but not baggy in the slightest - it's perfect. It has ribbed sleeves and a ribbed hem which makes it not look too polished. It's got a nice texture and one big positive is how cosy it is. Sometimes with knitted jumpers, I feel they make me feel itchy or get uncomfortable as the day goes on but this doesn't have that flaw. Another big plus is it's only £18. For the versatility, colour palette and price, it's a bargain buy!

Another much loved item has been these ASOS Leather Loafers. For those who follow me on social media, it's no secret that I'm lusting after Gucci loafers. I'm obsessed with them and it pains me that they are waaaaaay above my price point. Armed with the motivation to find some great dupes, I discovered these on ASOS and just couldn't resist. They are great quality and for leather, a reasonable price too. They are comfy, great for work and are the best Gucci dupes I've came across that have a modest price tag. I can see these being worn out very, very quickly!


One last purchase is this Missguided Satin Wrap Lace Hem Skirt. Satin is one of my favourite fabrics, I just love how luxe it feels. I love the bow detail and the delicate lace detail on part of the hem. I'm such a fan of the nightwear trend but I much prefer understated touches like this. I can't wait to style this either so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this making another appearance on the blog shortly!

What do you think of these items? Have you started to add some pieces into your A/W wardrobe? What trends are you loving for the season ahead? As always, I would love to hear your thoughts below or you can tweet/IG me at @whatamydidblog. Thank you for reading!

14 comments

  1. You bought some lovely things :) I love the Asos loafers! xx

    www.bethanlikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bethan! Can't wait to get wearing those loafers although I can tell I'm going to have to break them in walking around the house before taking them for an outing :) xx

      Delete
  2. Those leather print shoes are beautiful oh my!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte! I've completely fallen for them. Hope you're well love x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Heather, I'm in love with them x

      Delete
  4. I love you picks! Love the shoes the most
    Amy <3
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got such gorgeous things Amy, those boots are soooo fab <3
    www.britishmermaid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cara, I can see me wearing them constantly! Xx

      Delete
  6. I haven't worn loafers in so long! Definitely reminding me to update my collection
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't recommend those loafers enough - amazing quality and so comfy! xx

      Delete
  7. Aw I love all of these bits!! I'm not a massive fan of leapord print either, but those boots I'll have to make the exception for. They're really lovely and are going to be so great to wear during the Autumn months xx


    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren :) me too, I like it in moderation and I totally think if styled wrong it can look tacky but these were just love at first sight! Xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© WHAT AMY DID. Design by FCD.